Who Is She?

Tea+Cooper

Wallpapercave.com

Te’a Cooper

Briana Haugabook, JHop Times Contributor

Who Is She? 

OMG! Did you see her? Isn’t she amazing? Who is she? She is the phenomenal woman’s basketball star, Te’a Cooper. Cooper has played in many different leagues of basketball such as high school basketball, college basketball, and the professional league, the WNBA (Woman’s National Basketball Association). Cooper also has a great social life outside of basketball. 

A Star Is Born 

On April 16, 1997, in Newark, New Jersey, a woman named Te’a Omari Cooper was born. Soon to be an inspirational WNBA player. 

High School and More 

Cooper played high school basketball for McEachern High School in, Power Springs, Georgia. In her freshman year, Cooper averaged about 11 points, about five assists, and about three steals in about each game she played. In her sophomore year, Cooper averaged about 19 points, five assists, and about four steals each game. In her junior year, she averaged about 20 points, five rebounds, six assists, five steals, and one block per game. Cooper averaged about 27 points, about four rebounds, about seven assists, and four steals per game, in her senior year of high school. After high school, Te’a won three Georgia 6A State Titles in 2012, 2014, and 2015, as well as co-MVP of the 2015 McDonald’s All-American basketball game. 

College Career 

Cooper has played college basketball for Baylor University, the University of South Carolina, and the University of Tennessee. In 2015-2016, Te’a played basketball for the Baylor Lady Bears, at Baylor University in Waco, Texas. While playing for the Baylor Lady Bears, Cooper averaged about 14 points. In 2018-2019, Te’a  played basketball for the South Carolina Gamecocks at the University of South Carolina in Colombia, South Carolina. While playing for the South Carolina Gamecocks, Cooper averaged about 12 points. Cooper has also played basketball for the Tennessee Volunteers at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, Tennessee. While playing for the Tennessee Volunteers, Cooper averaged about nine points.  

WNBA Basketball Career 

On April 17, 2020, the Phoenix Mercury, selected Te’a Cooper as the 18th pick at the 2020 WNBA Draft. Sadly, soon after due to covid, some members of the Phoenix Mercury had to be cut from the team, this included Cooper having to be cut. But this wasn’t the stop to Te’a’s career. After being cut from the Phoenix Mercury, the opportunity to join the Los Angeles Sparks was the chance to be a true superstar on a WNBA team again. As she got picked, she got picked as the main lead, the point guard, as a rookie. As number two on the Los Angeles Sparks, Copper averaged about nine points and about two assists the first few minutes of the games she played. 

Social Life 

Cooper has a very supportive fanbase around her, including me. She has 1.4 million followers on Instagram and 1.6 million followers, with about 13.5 million likes, on TikTok. She is also dating former NFL running back for the New Orleans Saints, Alvin Kamara. The couple both have made many videos together. Cute right? 

The Beginning  

Even though Cooper has had a rough start in the WNBA as a rookie, she turned it around by becoming a part of the Los Angeles Sparks and creating a fanbase for herself.